The weather may still be warm but the leaves are starting to turn signaling fall has arrived. Make sure your home is giving off spooky vibes from decorations and not from being unkept. Follow these fall home maintenance tips to keep your house looking and running great. In other words, remove those spider webs and then hang the fake ones!
- Windows and Doors – Inspect for any loose or damaged parts
- Fireplaces – Annual cleaning to prevent fires
- Pruning – Promotes healthy growth of trees and shrubs
- Filters – Replace the filter in your furnace
- Gutters and Drains – Remove leaves and other debris that could cause the water to overflow. Try an old spatula for a quick trick! Check the drains around your yard as well.
- Roof – Have your roof inspected before the storms begin
- Smoke Detectors – As the time changes it’s always good to double check the batteries in the smoke detector. No one wants that 3am wake up call courtesy of the low battery alert!
- Lawn – Fingers crossed the rainy season is upon us, adjust your sprinklers to accommodate the free rain water headed your way! It’s also a good time of the year to fertilize and aerate.
At Arrive Real Estate Group we work closely with vendors in a wide variety of fields throughout the year. If you aren’t sure who to call, contact us today! We can recommend trusted vendors who can get your home in tip top shape. Staying on top of maintenance now will make it more cost effective to prepare your home to sell when the time comes.